Wednesday, August 29, 2018

INTEGRITY AND CHARACTER, OR: THE CANTONESE, REVISITED

This morning a reader commented underneath one of my essays from several years ago about Cantonese women and their relatives. It took me a few hours to discover her contribution and let it through.
For which I apologize.

In that post I said some negative things about parents.
Specifically, Cantonese mothers.


The reader's comment:

"White girl dating a 1st gen Cantonese-American man here. He is the kindest, most caring, selfless man I have ever met.

I've dated many other races and I have to say that there is something that goes beyond culture: integrity and character. He has it.

His mom is an abusive, manipulative narcissist. I combat her anger and am learning to play her game while also preserving my sanity and kindness."

End quote.


I wish her and her boyfriend every possible happiness.

They have what matters.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

SAN FRANCISCO IS TOO DANGEROUS!

A few years ago, my regular care physician and I had an informative talk about kangkong (ipomoea aquatica), sidetracking from my tobacco use...