Thursday, August 23, 2018

AND NOW MY FOOT HURTS

No delicious chops on the list of sets, but the 蒜茸焗龍脷飯 appealed to me. Actually, there was the Thai sauce chop, but I do not find it as interesting as the mushroom sauce or garlicky chops. The lunch set menu includes the main dish with rice or spaghetti, a bowl of soup, a slice of toasty garlic bread, and a cup of Hong Kong style milk tea.

If you try to look up 蒜茸焗龍脷飯 what you will find is something quite different than the reality. And many Hong Kong versions for some odd reason will include cheese. 龍脷魚 usually indicates sole, but any decent white fleshed fish will do. The literal meaning is 'dragon tongue fish'.

Baked sole with a little garlic butter in a foil packet, broccoli on the side, and a scoop of cooked rice. With hot sauce, it's heaven on a plate.


I spent the rest of the afternoon wandering around.

And feeling profoundly furry too.

Miyazakiesque.





==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

SAN FRANCISCO IS TOO DANGEROUS!

A few years ago, my regular care physician and I had an informative talk about kangkong (ipomoea aquatica), sidetracking from my tobacco use...