Wednesday, January 18, 2017

IT'S THERAPEUTIC, AND BUILDS CHARACTER

Depending on what you search for, you can find it on the internet. If you're looking for love and romance you may be out of luck -- internet lovers and people that respond to dating site notices are a skeevy lot -- and fetishists abound, so caution is advised. More so even than in real life, where heading into a dark alley with a strange woman leads to your American dollars, passport, and a kidney being stolen.
No, I am not basing any of that on actual experience.
But I've heard stories.

Sometimes, whatever someone was looking for brought them here. Where, spider-like, I sit in my text-web awaiting the next visitor.


Underneath a post from over four years ago a reader appended the following comment:

"I used to smoke cigarettes and mostly cloves blends like Djarum. I was a heavy smoker of menthols like Newport and Marlboro Mild the Blue pack. I was smoking about a pack a day for 18 years. And then one day I decided I would invest in a churchwarden and get a variety of blends of pipe tobacco. And I have never gone back to smoking cigarettes. My house in the evening smells of vanilla and nightcap blends. Now I may smoke 5 bowls a day if that... But to me it is a forced meditation time. Time to reflect and ponder and to rest a moment. I have briar pipes that have long bent stems that I enjoy. But my favorite is the churchwarden ... "

See, that shows that pipe-smoking is a beautiful thing.
And by no means limited to a single gender.
Which is gratifying.


I myself smoke between two and five pipefulls per day, and if anything it contributes to mental health. As well as world peace, because without the benefit of a pipe, this blogger might wish to destroy society.
You wouldn't want that, would you?


There is presently no significant other in my life, regrettably dammit, which there might be if I did not smoke a pipe now and then. But she would then have to put up with a grouchy maniac. Pipes keep me sane.
The world is a better place because of it.
Enforced meditation.


Plus Hong Kong style milk tea in Chinatown regularly.
Hot, creamy, bitter, and intensely up-waking.
But that goes without saying.


I am waiting for my apartment mate to leave.
So that I can light up.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE ADDENDUM AT TEA

Tea time, as regular readers know, is very important to me. But instead of going to one of my regular places I gave it a miss today. I just ...