Monday, September 14, 2009

HERRING BURGER TO GO

There are times when I suddenly realize that I am a crusty old codger. One of those moments happened today while I was reading Dovbear's blog, and happily writing comments.

This post:
http://dovbear.blogspot.com/2009/09/holy-uniform.html
And this comment string:
http://www.haloscan.com/comments/dovbear/802811147295894705/?a=32820


I took issue with the ire of one of the commenters.

Cite: Cite: Cite: Cite: Cite: Cite: Cite: Cite:

Wonder how many blue shirts the boss-guy will go through now until he finds one who can do the job as well now?

Probably just one. Everyone is replaceable.


I personally would not stay working for an employer who tried to tell me how to dress. I'd probably also start having exhibiting a really bad attitude unti I could get out. I know I would.

That's okay then. I can find plenty of good honest hard workers who do not have body piercings and ripped motorhead tee-shirts.


I may even be RUDE on account of it.

Egregious behaviour is as good a reason to fire you as any.


been fired so many times before, as the song goes, I WILL SURVIVE

After looking over your resumé, you will not be getting an interview. We're not running a Starbucks here. Sorry.
Bad Penguin! Bad Penguin!
09.14.09 - 1:51 pm


________________________________


I can find plenty of plenty of . . . workers who do not have body piercings

You can in SF?!


and ripped motorhead tee-shirts

A ripped Motorhead T-Shirt is just wrong. At over 35 years running, they are now an institution. Those wearing Motorhead garments should show some respect.
And Don't Forget the Joker!
09.14.09 - 2:02 pm


________________________________


I can find plenty of plenty of . . . workers who do not have body piercings
You can in SF?!


Thirty percent of the population of SF is of Asian origin. Far less likely to be such extreme "individualists" as the white population. And far less likely to be so full of themselves either.

More likely to work, too. I honestly cannot understand how many of the WASP 20-somethings in this burg stay in money. Maybe they're just burning through their trust funds?

And then, of course, there's the Hispanic element. Without Mexicans, there would be hardly any Italian restaurants in SF, or Nouvelle Cuisine eateries, or 'fusion-cuisine' bistros, or 'California Cuisine', artsy fartsy Tapas joints, barbecue pits, sushi restaurants, Indian and Pakistani eateries catering to middle-class Anglos, Pizza places......

Man does not live by Thai and Chinese food alone.

----------------------------

To put it differently, if it weren't for the Mexicans and Asians in SF, all those pierced tattooed hip white people would have to go back to the Midwest. And I guess that would be so sad, so very sad. Apparently there are no Starbucks or tattoo-parlors in the corn belt. And that is just so very, very, very SAD!
Bad Penguin! Bad Penguin!
09.14.09 - 5:08 pm

________________________________

PS. As you can probably tell, my piles bleed for WASP 20-somethings.
I feel for the little f*ckers.


Really I do.


Ach & vei.
Bad Penguin! Bad Penguin!
09.14.09 - 5:09 pm



=======================================================

I am Bad Penguin. And I am an antique.

Motörhead tee-shirts are SO nineteen eighties. Cripes. They were the first things we bought after Noah moored the ark. Forty days of no laundry service, partying like a bunch of animals, and just Mediterranean food - you try smelling clean and fresh.

=======================================================

IMPORTANT ADDENDUM
09/16/2009

Please note that the commenter identified as 'And Don't Forget the Joker!' was NOT the ired commenter to whom I reacted, but rather a commenter who responded to my contra-ire.
He (or She) rightly alerted me to the timeless and classic quality of Motörhead - whose teeshirts do not reflect the current era's eccentric clothing tastes at all.
I have no idea what teeshirts would be more appropriate for that purpose - perhaps something with a design by Keith Haring?

1 comment:

Tzipporah said...

The commenter in question is a little, um, unhinged.

And has issues with her employers.

Which she comments about frequently, apropos of nothing.

(She's also a 40-something Jewish loon, from what I can gather, not a 20-something WASP. Although your comments there are still apt.)

Search This Blog

THE ROUTE ACROSS THE HILLS

It irritates me to see very large white people in Chinatown. This is probably because I am bigoted against humongous Midwestern heffalumps. ...