Wednesday, September 16, 2009

OH NO! HE'S HEADING FOR THE TOILET!

Yesterday's post seems to have struck a nerve. Perhaps it was the subject (a delicate young fellow from the hinterlands of New York City, painfully exposed to the manners of a grown-up metropolis while living in San Francisco), but more than likely, it was several colourful mental images conjured up by the descriptions.

Magic words such as 'mouth polyps', 'anatomy', 'dog', and 'juicy'.
As well as 'guts', 'underwear', and 'garbage can'.

Apparently some of my tender readers are also delicate souls from more innocent places. Such as New York.


An anonymous commenter wrote:
"I am now heaving into my garbage can. At work."


Oh dear.

I do not know what, precisely, caused him (or her) to become ill. Normally heaving into a garbage can at work testifies to bad eating habits. Perhaps food poisoning.
I suspect that Micky's or Bü-King had more to do with the heave-ho than my modest offering, no matter how indigestible it may have been. This blog is not food.
But I am sorry, I apologize. I shall henceforth try to avoid such dangerous terms as 'mouth polyps', 'anatomy', 'dog', 'juicy', 'guts', and 'garbage can'.

The word underwear, of course, is unavoidable. It is in more ways than one a daily subject.
I prefer not to discard underwear, or ignore it. Ever. Some underwear is in fact worthy of obsession, especially if nicely ruffled, with a bit of lace, tight, and of a pleasing fruity hue.
Such as I might be wearing right now. Maybe.

As a peace offering, and to provide you with at least some entertainment, I would ask you to click on this link:

http://bogieworks.blogs.com/treppenwitz/2007/05/warning_tmi.html

It will lead you to a classic post by another blogger, one which you are sure to enjoy.
I hope this makes everything all right between us again.

6 comments:

Spiros said...

Patel Sahib will be so grateful that you are not discarding underwear.

Anonymous said...

Some underwear is in fact worthy of obsession, especially if nicely ruffled, with a bit of lace, tight, and of a pleasing fruity hue.
Such as I might be wearing right now. Maybe.

Anonymous said...

Some underwear is in fact worthy of obsession, especially if nicely ruffled, with a bit of lace, tight, and of a pleasing fruity hue.
Such as I might be wearing right now. Maybe.


Please, describe it more. I am all ears.

Anonymous said...

It sounds heavenly.

Anonymous said...

"Such as I might be wearing right now. Maybe."

Oh please, we all know you're describing a favourite undergarment worn by Savage Kitten.

Telmac said...

yes, like the um, I cant recall, I think it was portugese underwear? the cotton women's ones? of which you have 300?

Search This Blog

MAKE IT MEAN SOMETHING

A casual acquaintance suggested that using Latin and Greek terminology for scientific names of plants and animals reflected a Eurocentic mal...