Tuesday, June 15, 2021

BANANAS WAZZOO

These banana custard goop center cookies are remarkable, oh my! Very fragrant. I suspect that they glow in the dark, and in another three hours or so I shall find out.

It is always stimulating to the cerebral cortex when one discovers a new snacky thing in Chinatown, especially when there is not one iota of English on the packaging.
香蕉牛奶味來心 ('heung jiu ngau naai mei lai sam').

Startlingly banana-y.


With a crispy crunchy crumblesome crust.


I don't really like bananas, they make me itch. It's probably a slight reaction to the oils in the peel. When they're cooked however, they're quite safe. Years ago I made banana turnovers with phyllo dough. Sprinkle of sugar, pinch cocoa, a few drops vanilla essence. Delightful.

These things are not similar. But they reminded me.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE MACHINE LIVES

Surely everyone is pleasantly surprised that the SF Police have identified one of the people who torched a driverless taxi vehicle (Waymo) b...