Sunday, November 10, 2019

MISTAKES HAVE BEEN MADE

Seeing as I did not remember Sutliff's Mixture 79 as smelling in ANY way like vanilla -- more like urinal soap or elderly English woman trying to snag a local studly drunkard -- it seemed appropriate to try it again. What with being a self-destructive curious sort.

Sutliff's Mixture 79 is supposed to be Burley, and supposed to be flavoured with Vanilla and Anisette. Both assertions are dubious.

No, I cannot taste either Burley or Vanilla. As a matter of fact, after smoking a bowl of this, I cannot taste anything at all. It takes several hours before the oral discomfort lessens. Sutliff's Mixture 79 is as good an argument for wearing nicotine patches as any.

Floral perfume, root beer, and a dash of crème de menthe.
I'm not sure that this should be smoked.
Anisette? Really?


As a man, I do not have a lingerie drawer, but if I did, I'd place a pouch of Mixture 79 in there to keep the bugs away. No, I did not buy a pouch (box). A friend who is more depraved than I could ever have thought possible offered me a bowl. Which was very kind of him.

There's a half-finished tin of Molto Dolce in my area at work.
The next time he comes in, he's smoking some.
He doesn't know it yet.

Best puffed in small briars, slowly.
Smells good unlit.



TOBACCO INDEX

P.S.: There is a new tag under some essays here, The Pipe for watching rats in Spofford Alley. Clicking it will bring up the relevant posts.
Because a fellow pipe smoker was curious.


==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE ROUTE ACROSS THE HILLS

It irritates me to see very large white people in Chinatown. This is probably because I am bigoted against humongous Midwestern heffalumps. ...