Thursday, February 23, 2012

ARE YOU THINKING OF CAKE TOO?

Fantasizing about something is nothing like actually experiencing it.
One may dream of cake, but unless you have it in your mouth, that will never be even close to eating it.
The texture. The floofyness. The mouthfeel. The cream.

I can imagine the Red Stapler Guy from Office Space fantasizing about cake.
As indeed I've been doing this entire morning.

[Red Stapler Guy: played by comedic actor Stephen Root, who also voices Bill Dauterive in King of the Hill, and was memorable in the role of Jimmy James, the extroverted station owner in NewsRadio.
As Milton Waddams, whose prize possession is a red Swingline stapler, he embodied the everyman of every office better than the other actors, not only by his sad-sack mumbling and permanently put-upon demeanor, but especially by his threats to burn the place down, or complain to the manager, or put strychnine in the guacamole. At times we've all wished that he would do exactly that.]



Cake. Coconut cake. Dundee cake. Angel food cake, with peaches in the layer of cream separating the two halves. Chocolate cake.

No wait, maybe not chocolate cake. Too rich.

A slice of cake, on a pretty plate, with a cup of strong tea.
And a teddy bear in one of the other chairs.


I have not had cake in ever so long!
Perhaps I should treat myself this weekend?
Except I know of no place where they would not look askance if I came in with a teddy bear, and the tea would probably not be properly done either.
It's quite a problem.

I cannot stop thinking of cake.


==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THEY'RE GROOVY AND SENTIENT!

In many ways I am a severely disapproving sort. I dislike tattoos, piercings, patchouli, raggedy tee-shirts, potsmoking, public misbehaviour...