Tuesday, December 28, 2010

TIMELY EVALUATION

Seeing as it's getting close to the end of the year, now might be a good time to tally up the positives and the negatives for the past twelve months.
Especially as so much has changed.


2010 NEGATIVES
*Relationship with Savage Kitten down the tubes. Still roommates, probably better friends than ever. But no longer lovers.
*Abstinence - direct result of the above.
*Periodic depression - can't figure out which of the two things mentioned above is the greater contributor.
*Lack of appetite - caused by all three of the above.
*Empty dinner table syndrome - I don't like eating alone; the company of a bright young woman would serve admirably as a stimulant.


2010 POSITIVES
*Chocolate. Especially noticeable around this time of year.
*Scotch whisky. Probably as inspiring as anything.

*Tea mug with a cheerful pattern of octopus tentacles.
*Sporadic optimism - at some point, entirely out of the blue, some bright young woman will believe that I'm the bee's knees and the cat's miaow. It's happened once before.
*Lost weight. Waist-size below forty for the first time in ten years. Dang I look good.



Savage Kitten cannot figure out how come I haven't been snapped-up yet by some bright young woman. She says I'm extremely handsome, and surely my wit, generosity, intelligence, and kindness are all magnetic.

She's far too kind. Some magnets have a negative charge.

I have a suspicion that most bright young women are more likely to flee from me in terror - after all, I've got major pervert skills, and I am stubborn as all git-out.
Plus there's that whiff of risky stuff - some folks don't like risky stuff.
Shoes, handbags, and designer shmatte don't mean anything to me.
I am quite possibly the worst sugar-daddy prospect in the universe.


Care for some chocolate?


It's going to be a good year. I can tell.


==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

SAN FRANCISCO IS TOO DANGEROUS!

A few years ago, my regular care physician and I had an informative talk about kangkong (ipomoea aquatica), sidetracking from my tobacco use...