Thursday, December 30, 2010

FRIENDS, JUST FRIENDS

Once, when we were going through a rough spot during the very early years, Savage Kitten said that if she had to choose, she would want intimacy instead of friendship.
I said that I would vastly prefer friendship. That even if we never slept together again the friendship was the most precious part of our relationship to me.

A while after that we moved in together. That was seventeen years ago.

This past summer we stopped being lovers.

We’ve stayed friends.


HAH! I win!


==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

6 comments:

bayernkeitishly amphibious said...

I too prefer being right to being happy.

Bayernkeitisly amphibious said...

Except of course when I am wrong, then I'll settle for being happy.
Here is the link that should have been in the comment above.

Herr Käse von Klö said...

See, that's why I don't eat German food.

A pseudo marsupial said...

Hat jeman käse gesagt?

Paneerwallah said...

Don't touch the cheese.

because you know that there is absolutely no chance that this comment thread wasn't going to get here eventually said...

Unless it's John Cheese...

Search This Blog

SAN FRANCISCO IS TOO DANGEROUS!

A few years ago, my regular care physician and I had an informative talk about kangkong (ipomoea aquatica), sidetracking from my tobacco use...