The past decade has tanked my faith in America. For obvious reasons. Which is one of the reasons I still wear a mask. This country is a petri dish, and everytime I see tourists, that is confirmed, in buckets. Snot. Dammit, Janice, control your nasy kids. And please go back to your swamp. Whichever hell-hole red state that is.
It's not just the United States. Over in Blighty, the Conservative Party is playing footsie with known Nazis and bigots, claiming that because they said "oopsie" all should be forgiven.
Now, there is much about Britain I like. Very much. Tea time, clotted cream, Branston Pickle, weird comestibles which are entirely cabbage or salt based, and John Cleese, for instance. And what better representatives of English culinary extravagance are there than black pudding, deep-fried everything, and boiled starch?
Well, I normally don't eat any of that. Although recently for lunch I did have an egg foo yung (芙蓉蛋) that would not have been out of place in Yorkshire or the Midlands. Like any wild adventure it was exciting. Shan't mention the name of the restaurant (they did not have bitter melon that day), or where exactly it's located, because they are a local staple, a refuge, and a priceless resource I which do not wish to jinx, and a regular mid-week restaurant will be back from vacation soon so whatever, but good lord. Wasn't expecting a trip back into George Orwell's England on a bright sunny day in San Francisco at all. Um.
Generous portions, though.
It was weird. Edible. But.
On the other hand, there is still something charming about a nation that eats funky stuff and did not send complete cunts like Rand Paul and Tommy Tuberville to Washington.
So England is, probably, still redeemable.
Whereas Alabama and Kentucky are putrid effing hellholes.
There are no ex-Nazis there.
If y'all can't figure that out, I'll wait.
I've got all the time in the world.
==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:
Post a Comment