Monday, August 24, 2026

DOES IT GLOW?

Every time I look out to the right in the teevee room in the morning, it appears that there is fog at the tops of tall buildings on the hill, probably more so because of the slanted blinds. The silvery white-grey of the sky as filtered through thin lines of light. That, combined with the current temperature outside make it perfect pipe-smoking weather. So naturally I waited with bated breath for my non-smoking apartment mate to leave for the office, anxiously listening for the apartment door to close and lock ... then padding over to the front hall to hear the front door of our building click shut behind her.

I have snecked her bedroom door. There are open windows.
I am ready, but I'm holding off for a while.
Can't decide which pipe to load.

All of which contributes to my happiness about living in San Francisco and sneering apathy about the suffering in vast areas of the rest of the country. Everytime I read news items that mention places like Alabama, Florida, Idaho, Mississippi, or Texas, it is crystal clear to me that those regions and their semi-sentient denizens suck bollocks big time, AND they're experiencing horrible weather. Deservedly.

We are not all in this together. Those guys voted for Trump.
So we can never trust the bastards again.
Let them burn.
And eat tainted beef, blueberries, and lettuce. Like they're living in a post-apocalyptic future set in a Chipotle franchise. Mad Max snarfing barf burritos. And their little dogs too.


Today, I think, I shall drink tea and dance among the wildflowers.


Drought conditions persist across Texas, along with elevated heat, and no relief in sight. The situation is dire. So I imagine that yokels wearing ten gallon hats are holding revival meetings where evolution and liberalism are loudly excoriated and minorities hanged in effigy, in vain hopes that a merciful loving all-white Jesus will accept their sincere prayers and save them. Really, I have no idea what goes on down there, and all I get are snippets of news that indicate that they're all idiots in Texas. Brain-dead syphilitic inbreds.

Nothing even suggests that I might be wrong.

Abbott, Cruz, Paxton.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

DOES IT GLOW?

Every time I look out to the right in the teevee room in the morning, it appears that there is fog at the tops of tall buildings on the hill...