Sunday, June 04, 2017

DON'T SPIT NOW

While at work I only let one to one or two people that I was sick, and, fortunately, even though most customers are a social lot, they are dense as bricks and just full of themselves, so they didn't notice anything different.

My throat feels like hell, so having to raise my voice to talk to the one-side deaf one was sheer torture. He's going to see the doctor next week, it's probably just a plugged ear, but over time it has just gotten worse.
Can I please repeat everything extra loud? In triplicate too?
Dude, my throat is sore, I can't even swallow.

Or drink tea. Or smoke.



When I got home I went nearly directly to bed. No dinner, couldn't even get half of my coffee down. Trying to take two Aspirin just now had me doubled up in utter agony. The earliest I could see the doctor would be Tuesday, by which time I should be well on the road to recovery.

At least the area behind my nose is better.
No more white chunky discharge.

I didn't tell my worry-wort coworker about any of this. She would panic, spend the entire day wiping down surfaces with disinfectant, then be psychosomatically afflicted for weeks.
She doesn't need that.
Neither do I.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE ROUTE ACROSS THE HILLS

It irritates me to see very large white people in Chinatown. This is probably because I am bigoted against humongous Midwestern heffalumps. ...