Thursday, March 17, 2016

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL DRUNKEN CELEBRANTS!

Contrary to most people in this great country of ours, I do not celebrate festivals of mass insobriety. On the other hand, I do enjoy taunting people with hangovers, so it's a win-win. At present I can hear sounds of revelry from Polk Street, as well as honking and the screeching of tires, plus peculiar noises that may be internal organ activity writ large.
But I do not join such seasonal jollification.


Nor do I eat pickled horsemeat and boiled cabbage.


What kind of cuisine bases itself on just two ingredients? And those two, cooked in that way? Are they daft? Oh wait, they also add a potato or two to the pot. Yes, surely that makes it all better.

It explains those internal organs.
And their peculiar noises.

I haven't had "corned beef" (!) and cabbage in very many years. And, even though it's only served once every twelve months -- because nobody likes it the rest of the time, and it takes intoxication to tolerate -- there has never been a moment when I've had the urge to punish myself and revisit that one time at the hoffbrau, where they had run out of roast beef, English curry, bratwurst, lamb chops, that Italian soup, meatloaf, gekochter shinken auf schwarzbrot mit rettich-schmier und (scharfen) senf (und kleine gurken), Swedish meatballs, piroshki, chipped beef on toast, and cheese.
And I needed something to absorb the steam beer.


I think I'd rather wrestle a yeti.


That's one heck of a buggered up national dish y'all got there, gentle persons. Or at least almighty peculiar. Wouldn't you far rather have some smoked sausage on a bed of kale and potato mash?

We've got hot sauce ......



If y'all don't cease that infernal racket, I'm going to throw crap at you.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE MACHINE LIVES

Surely everyone is pleasantly surprised that the SF Police have identified one of the people who torched a driverless taxi vehicle (Waymo) b...