Tuesday, December 24, 2019

DUSK IN TONG YAN FAU

After picking up my refills at the pharmacy I headed over to Stockton Street for a very late lunch at a chachanteng. Which was just not very good, but never the less exceedingly enjoyable.


焗咖喱汁石斑飯

Baked grouper with curry sauce over rice ('guk gaa lei jap sek paan faan'); a very Hong Kong style dish. Almost like Portuguese chicken rice, but with fish and no cheese. Could've also had it with tomato sauce (番茄汁 'faan ke jap') or white sauce (白汁 'baak jap'). It's the breakfast of champions. Especially with a solid hour of the national day marchpast playing on the telly, and nobody speaking English or German.

Brand new tanks and missile trucks are SO festive.

Techno-design military camouflage.

Green, with corners.


Smoked one of my dad's old pipes afterward, and remembered the past.
That pipe has possibly been to more places than I have.
It feels comforting in the hand.


When the program switched to a reprise of the North Korean news for the ninth of September, I finished my tea, paid up, and left. Smoked the pipe mentioned above near Hang Ah Alley, and down on Waverly.
Then relit it after the bus back to my neighborhood.
The streets are empty, quiet, cold.

All is peaceful.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

OR MAYBE YOU ARE A HIPSTER

The first smoke of the day is accompanied by stumbling and dog poo. Not for me, as I am chipper and vibrant with hot strong coffee boiling t...