Saturday, December 09, 2017

WHEN YOU SEE MY REFLECTION ...

The other day when returning home from a late smoke I passed a dozen sleeping homeless people within two short blocks. You could, I suppose, argue that I should have taken a different rout home if I did not want to see human misery, but I would point out that three of these dormant individuals were less than a block from my front door.

San Francisco homeless people are mostly from elsewhere in the U.S. The tourists, who are also mostly from elsewhere in the United States, are outraged at their number, and don't understand why we have so many of them. And they angrily vocalize about that.

Several municipalities elsewhere have been caught giving their crazies tickets to SF, while at the same time talking smack about the city.


Seriously, you guys suck.

The reason why San Francisco hates the rest of the country is because you "Christians" keep sending your nuts and failures over here, seeing as you are too lazy, uncaring, meanspirited, and filled with Republican family values, to do bugger-all for them yourselves.


I expressed these points over the internet, and a correspondent in Israel disagreed. He's a deadhead from way back, and lives in the savage hills of the Shomron like many Anglo Olim, so he's certifiably out of touch.

He wrote:

"I don't think you really have any idea about who lives between California and Poughkeepsie. And as for your definition of "Christian", don't make me laugh. you can't just make it up to suit your outdated political views, you know.

Regarding "meanspirited", my stomach still hurts from laughing. Do you even have a mirror in your house?
"



Having a person of Jewish extraction and habitus, living somewhere in the rabid wastelands of the Jewish ancestral homeland, lecturing me about the sweetness of Christianity, strikes me as delightful.
Ironic and batshit crazy, but delightful.
I cannot contain myself.

As far as mirrors are concerned, my apartment mate has one in her room. She covered it with a colourful wall-hanging, because mirrors are bad feng shui or something. I used to have one in my room, but for many years it has been a howling portal to another dimension with daemons.
The mirror in the bathroom keeps showing me a scream face.
I don't know why.

What is particularly poignant about the homeless people living in my neighborhood is that there over a score of restaurants and food places nearby, including a well-know donut shop that stays open twenty four hours a day. And a late-night pizza place. As you might guess, the homeless people aren't fat. These eateries do not cater to them.


"The people did feast upon the lambs, and sloths, and carp, and anchovies, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats ..... "


Freshly slaughtered suburbanite or Midwesterner, roasted with zaatar, plus hummus, a peach chutney, and hot sauce, sounds real good.
Not Southerners, though; they're laden with cholesterol.
The South is the fattest part of the country.
And they feed on garbage, so .....
Greasy bald possums.


My Israeli friend used to live in the South, which explains his strange fondness for Christians. But he's probably never had them for dinner.

Three thousand miles of 'Deliverance' between here and Harlem.

Tastes just like fruit bat.




AFTERWORD

This essay was also inspired by M. Heinrich posting a beautiful and mouthwatering photo of the 'getzen', which is an earthapple pan cake, described as an erzgebirgische spezialität, tellergroß, vor butterschmalz triefend und mit herum zwei pfund gulasch und sauerkraut gefüllt.
It looks like it needs a dollop of sourcream on top.
And some hotsauce.

I wonder if they serve that at Leopolds.
[2400 Polk St, San Francisco, CA 94109-1603]

I'll have to ask.





==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

QUIET STEW

Figuring out where to have lunch some days is a bit problematic. Not today -- that's already mapped out -- but specifically Mondays and ...