Tuesday, October 20, 2015

A VERY NATURAL MAN

Attentive readers will know by now that I like several things which are not, strictly speaking, significant in other people's lives. Rice porridge, red bean pastries, hot milk tea, bitter melon, aged pipe tobacco, briar pipes, fine stationery, seal-script calligraphy, ink, brushes, steel nibs, blotters, erasers, dictionaries, mediaeval history, small stuffed animals, and wandering around unclothed in hot weather.

Four days a week I am in Marin County, and you may rest assured that while over there I do not wander around unclothed. At least, I haven't yet, and it is doubtful that I ever will. Although a very long time ago I did have the opportunity.

Marin, in this blogger's life, is NOT conducive to nudity.

Nudity is strictly a San Francisco thing.



Being more-or-less a gentleman, I always make sure that my apartment mate has left for the day before skipping about in the buff. The appeal of nakedness is an airy sense of freedom, plus, in hot weather, ventilation.
It is innocently meant, and never exhibitionistic.
A few years back there might have been something naughty about it, but for the past half decade I have not shared that nakedness with anyone.
Nowadays it is merely a very pleasant private peculiarity.
There are no tickets, there is no invited audience.
And only when the weather is oppressive.
A protest against the heat.


I would not advise you to picture me nude. An unclothed middle-aged man smoking a pipe and striking poses is not a pretty sight. At least, we can assume that that is so. If I were to find such an unclothed middle-aged man in my apartment, OR on the public street, it would disconcert me, and maybe even diminish my appetite and zest for life.


NAKED MIDDLE AGED WHITE MAN

Think of me as an elderly monk, or a teenage girl.
I do not need to see nudity, please stop.
Especially not male nekkid.

I keep the blinds drawn as I swan about. Occasionally I might fix myself a hot beverage, then return to the teevee room where my computer is. Sometimes I write e-mails in the buff, if it's very hot weather I compose songs, construct poetry, and write blog-posts in that state.

At present it is not nearly warm enough for that.
Feel free to picture me fully clothed.
Rumpled but comfy and decent.




Countries where I have been naked: The Netherlands, Belgium, La Belle France, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Great Britain, Singapore, The Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, HK, Japan, Canada, and naturally most often The United States.

I regret not ever having disrobed in Taiwan, but Philippine Airlines couldn't land there that year because of a Marcos' hissy fit.
Oh well. It's something for the bucket list.
Along with India, Ireland, and Iran.
Three fine naked places.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

ROTTEN BRAINS IN RED STATES

So my bright and optimistic idea of getting out of the house relatively early for a haircut, lunch, and afternoon tea, all punctuated by som...