As I was grabbing magnesium supplement tablets off the shelf at the drugstore, a yokelish person passing by muttered about 'magnetism'. Not being a fool, I did not seek clarification. I've heard that type of person before. One of them, upon overhearing my conversation a few months ago, gave me a long strident lecture about how if I only ate right, and scrupulously avoided both gluten and processed meats, I would never need the laxatives.
What I had mentioned was Latanoprost. An opthalmic solution.
It has absolutely zip-didly to do with the guts.
Which are quite fine, thank you.
they're magnetic!
Thanks to an East Coast person on Facebook, I am also aware of an idea to seed the stratosphere with essential oils to counter the chemtrails. It's for our own good.
This, too, illustrates that we live in an unbalanced age.
The insanity is out there.
Lunch yesterday was at a long-time restaurant that has been at their location in Chinatown for years, decades. They were there back when I went to Ping Yuen Coffeeshop (平園咖啡店) nearby, before heading over to the Great Star Theater (大明星戲院), when DPD (一品香) was at the corner further down the block, when the Bund Restaurant (上海飯店) first opened, and they were still there when that institution closed. A very long time.
They had a vehicular incident a few months ago.
After repairs they've reopened.
Over the years I've had mediocre, good, and excellent meals there. Yesterday's bacon cheese burger (煙肉芝士漢堡) was exceptionally enjoyable.
Peaceful, very few other customers, sunlight obliquely shining in, an atmosphere rather remarkably reminiscent of a bistro in a European country town, clean surfaces, soft murmering conversations in the kitchen.
Old fire soup, iced milk tea, bacon cheese burger.
A trusted brand of hot sauce.
A quiet pipe afterwards, patent era Dunhill Shellbriar bent billiard filled with aged flake, while walking down to the Financial District. Earlier I had noted Tat Yee enjoying his pipe outside of Reds in the corner of my eye. He had gone inside again when I stepped out. He seems to be enjoying his retirement years with the occasional drinkie, and doesn't seem to be locomoting too much anymore. He's usually in good spirits, though. Things have turned out okay.
==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:
Post a Comment