Tuesday, May 12, 2015

AN EXCELLENT CUP OF HONG KONG MILK TEA

Several years ago a lesbian of my acquaintance made yum-yum sounds about the shapely teenage daughter of a colleague. Before she found out who the girl was. Now, far be it from me to begrudge another person a filthy mind -- lord knows I have one, and it gives me much joy -- but it does serve to illustrate that one must, above all, be extremely careful about what comes out of one's mouth.


There was a nice young lady sitting opposite me on the bus down to Chinatown yesterday. No, I have no idea whether she's shapely or not; her clothing was comfortable and baggy, and I spent the entire time admiring her very fine nose, mouth, cheeks, lips. Nicely sculpted lips. Out of the corner of my eye. Surreptitious. Sneaky glances.
Excellent peripheral vision.

A friend once said that I was born a dirty old man.
And that I've been getting better ever since.
As well as, vampire like, younger.


Saw her again as I was scarfing down a lovely charsiu roll, which was deliciously flaky, and a hot cup of Hong Kong style milk-tea.
I've been going to her dad's coffee shop for years.
Never even knew he had a daughter.


Two good things stand out:

1) I am far too self-disciplined to say anything culpable to a complete stranger, OR let anyone realize that my eyes are going into hyper-drive. See, my eyes are deepset, and unless there's a direct glance, I look exactly like the mysterious and poker-faced raccoon.

2) She was too self-absorbed or preoccupied to notice anything. I have reason to believe she had recently come from the dentist.
Don't ask for details, you won't get any.


I know where she got her features from.
It all makes complete sense now.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

2 comments:

e-kvetcher said...

Yum-yum sounds?

Boy, now I'm in the mood for Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte...

The back of the hill said...

Remarkably, so am I.

Search This Blog

IN TUNE WITH WILD LIFE

That noise outside while I was drifting awake? Turned out to be the streetsweeping vehicle. Not actually an owl. But it had sounded ike an o...