Friday, September 08, 2017

THESE CHEMICALS AND THOSE MUSCLES

There is a very good chance that people with severe neurological dysfunction for which they take medication should not drink alcohol.
Not being a medical professional, my judgment may be clouded.


It took over a hour and a half to get them safely into a cab heading back to their hotel. The police at one point stopped to see what was happening, but figured they were just blotto and sitting on the curb outside the bar where they had drunk too much, and got back into their cruiser to respond to a "real emergency".

Which this actually may have been. I have no idea what medications they were taking or how it interacted with booze, but they had only had two drinks, and that does not normally take away the ability to stand.
Other than panicking over whether they would ever get back to their room at the top of the hill, they were as reasonably lucid (though losing it) as one would expect from two people whose legs were no longer working.


Helplessness on the sidewalk late at night in San Francisco attracts street people in desperate need of calmatives, cigarettes, and cash.


Shoo, little opportunistic hobo, shoo shoo!


I'm not good with people.

The first cab took off like a rocket when the driver saw what looked like two horribly intoxicated individuals, leading to howls of outrage from one of them (chap from New Orleans), so when a second cab finally appeared in the next block, I indicated to the two of them to remain somewhat invisible while I flagged it down. When it stopped I opened both passenger side doors so that it couldn't speed off, and we shoved both floopy-legged individuals in before the driver really knew what hit him.
I figured it would be damned hard to force two people who can't control their limbs to get out, and with less than half a dozen blocks to go, the cabbie might figure that if he just took them to their destination it would on the whole be just as easy to get them out there. As well as the responsible thing to do. When the cab crossed the intersection and I was sure they were safely on their way, I went back inside to finish my drink.


My evening was a bit more exciting than I wanted, but theirs was worse.
Unless such things happen often they will remember this trip.

San Francisco warmly welcomes you two.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

SAN FRANCISCO IS TOO DANGEROUS!

A few years ago, my regular care physician and I had an informative talk about kangkong (ipomoea aquatica), sidetracking from my tobacco use...