Wednesday, July 08, 2015

LIKE A HOLE IN THE HEAD

At the risk of offending some of my more civilized readers, OR the vast apathetic herds of internetists, this blogger will admit to finding some violence not only justifiable but entirely commendable.

Such as Sikhs going full wombat against oppression.

Or simple taking out a total scumbag.

Things take off at 2:05.


WHACK THE ZAMINDAR!

[SOURCE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCBhB1ZNgm8.]


Okay, everything after the smirking gentleman gets shot may be a little disturbing to sensitive souls. But consider that in a traditional (feudalistic) agrarian economy, venal money lenders frequently also are the local grain merchants, and often become the biggest landlords. Who then ruthlessly use their wealth and power to get the Hindu authorities and powerful political operators in the Congress Party to collaborate with them in grand schemes to rob and disenfranchise the less well-connected.

Often with able assistance by members of the police.

[There's something extremely Dixie about that.]


I've worked with Sikhs. They are very tolerant people, who usually will put up with huge amounts of offense and effrontery rather than become violent. Because of that, Hindus and Muslims may assume that they are stupid and can be taken advantage of.


But at some point they take back control of the discourse.


I'm not sure that the folks in Delhi grasp this.


Achha, sab Delhi me ...-... hai.



POST SCRIPTUM

In the past I've also worked with Gujus and Uttar Pradeshis. In direct consequence I am far less accepting of Hindus than I should be.
The Sikhs I rather admire and like.
Banias, not so much.
Maaf, eh.


Nope, not going to mention 1984.
That's not my brief.


Dammit, charpai puri tabaha-hai!
Sare khuni de ...
Ch ... !



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

2 comments:

e-kvetcher said...

I work with a Jatt. Hot blooded bastards. Called a guy from Pune a bhenchod on a conference call.

The back of the hill said...

Classic!





Search This Blog

THE ADDENDUM AT TEA

Tea time, as regular readers know, is very important to me. But instead of going to one of my regular places I gave it a miss today. I just ...