Wednesday, May 15, 2013

EXCITEMENT ELSEWHERE

Carefully and thoughtfully you apply your lipstick. What a pity that you will never wear it outside the house! It is, perhaps, too shocking, too blatant. And you know of no one who is worthy.

I think I am, quite probably so. As well as just the right amount depraved.
But you will never meet me. This blogger shall willy-nilly remain a person of mystery. Besides, you are far too hesitant. The fact that I am a mature man frightens you, and that I smoke -- a pipe and strong English tobacco too, nota bene -- is something you instinctively shy away from.
You will not go against conditioning. You cannot.
Middle-aged pipe-smoker. Unheard of.
And far too risky anyway.
I am unsuitable.

It's brilliant red lipstick. You purse your mouth in front of the mirror. Mmm, pouty! Quite the sexiness! Halfway between scarlet and a luscious cherry, and a very attractive hue that brings out the warmth of your complexion. You blush. Well, at least one person knows how fresh you look. But only one. She's staring right back at you from the mirror, with an angry frustrated face that plainly says she doesn't understand what's wrong with you.
You could be doing so much, moving forward with your life.
You could be working toward your graduate degree.
You could be travelling through Europe.
You could be kissing someone.

Carefully and thoughtfully you wipe the crimson smear from your hungry lips, wiping away the last trace with infinite sadness. Then you get up and head downstairs to dinner, and a dreary rehash of last night's discussion, and the one before, and other even earlier ones.

Meanwhile, I am loading up a pipe with something dark and mysterious by Samuel Gawith, a fine old firm in Cumbria. As soon as I'm outside I'm firing it up, and heading down to the corner of Washington and Walter Lum to get a cup of milk-tea. Who knows where I'll go after that, the evening has barely begun, it's warm out, and several hours till darkness. The downtown becomes so empty after work lets out. There are crows in the redwood trees near the pyramid, and screechy parrots overhead.
I shall have a lovely walk, and see new things.
While dragon-breath lingers about me.
Smoke trailing, incense wisps.
With a wicked smile.
I am full of it.


The evening is still young and filled with possibilities.
Tell me what that lipstick means to you.
Please, I am all ears.
I dare you.
Heh.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE MACHINE LIVES

Surely everyone is pleasantly surprised that the SF Police have identified one of the people who torched a driverless taxi vehicle (Waymo) b...