Monday, September 26, 2011

TWEEDY DEGENERATE

I wonder whether there's any point to the male-female dynamic. Other than sex-drive, do men and woman actually have a need for each other?
And given that the sex-drive doesn't do very much else than frustrate the individual, and complicate matters, it just doesn't seem all that impressive.

Certainly there are lots of people who function quite well by repressing all thoughts of romance. That, more than anything else, seems to determine social functionality.
And by that standard, people involved in relationships are clearly dysfunctional.

It's been well over a year since Savage Kitten dumped me. Since then, I have discovered that I am a dashing middle-aged man..... and, it turns out, sheer kryptonite.
Distinguished looking, decent, likeable.
Kryptonite.

She, on the other hand, now has a passionate relationship that veers on operatic.


"How", I ask, "can you stand a relationship that is clearly hurtful? He makes you completely miserable every few weeks, to the point that you are in despair, and I worry about you doing something stupid."

She then gets a silly smile on her face and responds "yes, but he also makes me ecstatic!"

It's quite sickening. And I just don't get it. She and I were lovers for over two decades - he's made her cry more often in these past several months than I did in twenty two years.
I know she was happy with me. She's too strong-minded and stubborn to have stayed in the relationship that long were it otherwise.

If I didn't know better I would assume that she's lost her marbles.
[See reference to dysfunctionality previously mentioned.]


She and I have continued living together for several reasons. Primary one being that the apartment is home to both of us. We've lived here since the early nineties. Neither of us would function very well living on our own.
Another good reason is that I would fear for her well-being and worry myself sick about her if she lived on her own.
Even though she ended our affair, I still care for her.
She's crazy, frustrating, and quite nauseating in her giddy romance, but she is still someone I value and for whom I wish happiness.


I just need to find someone for who will make me as crazy and giddily nauseating.
Specifically, I need to find someone who thinks that a middle-aged gentleman with a slight tobacco reek is the very epitome of perfection.
And who also likes my trim goatee.
Which is dashing.

Preferably someone half my age.
After all, I am a red-blooded pervert.
Full of beans, too.

And not particularly dysfunctional.


==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

2 comments:

e-kvetcher said...

>He makes you completely miserable every few weeks, to the point that you are in despair, and I worry about you doing something stupid.

Russian Jew. Nuff said...

Tzipporah said...

ha! e-kvetcher has a point.

Search This Blog

THIS POST ISN'T ABOUT WOMEN

There are several artists rolling over in their graves right now. One or two aren't dead yet, but never mind. Rolling. Among them Frank ...