Wednesday, December 08, 2010

INCENSE-LIKE CURLS OF SMOKE

Apparently my fellow smokers are scared of a little Autumn rain. I was the only member of the minyan to make it to the accustomed spot today, pipe happily trailing fumes under my umbrella. Normally there would be several of us there. Nope.
The cigar smokers are all wussy. Maybe they fear they’ll melt.

Truth be told, I would rather have been inside also. But one cannot smoke indoors during the working day.
In addition to being inside, I would have liked it to be teatime too.
Around five o’clock.
Nice warm living room.
Perhaps in a comfy chair. Corner bay-window. Overlooking a be-treed intersection on Nob Hill, near San Kwong or U-Lee.
Pipeful of Cornell & Diehl’s Yale Mixture (blend no. 531).
In sweet company – I’m thinking someone with dark soft hair, at a nearby table, head bent over her textbooks………
Heck, a man can dream, eh?


FINE PORCELAIN

While I’m at it, the tea is Golden Tips, Autumn, Fragrant Darjeeling.
Her hair is long - past her shoulders.
There are interesting pockets of shadow where the golden lamp light does not reach.

Instead of all that, I got wet.
My toes feel a little soggy at present.
Teatime is a while hence, but I will still be at the office.
When I get home, the apartment will be empty. My roommate is having dinner with an old friend.
I’ll fix myself a pot of tea (Golden Tips, Autumn, Fragrant Darjeeling), and hang out in the kitchen by the open window, smoking and dreaming.
I’ve got nothing more strenuous planned for this evening than drying my toes.


==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

SAN FRANCISCO IS TOO DANGEROUS!

A few years ago, my regular care physician and I had an informative talk about kangkong (ipomoea aquatica), sidetracking from my tobacco use...