Tuesday, October 12, 2010

THE EYES HAVE IT!

Some facial expressions can just melt your heart. There are people who show such delight when they smile that you instantly fall for them.
You cannot help yourself, you are bowled over by their loveableness.

Earlier today I was on the bus watching a young blonde woman talking with her friends. Her smile, her eyes that lit up with every exchange, reminded me of Ms. 森田 - an old friend and former coworker. Even her face looked the same.

When I first met Ms. 森田 several years ago, she was newly married. Young, vibrant, engaging. And a very happy woman. Her face when she smiled showed no guile, no calculation - it was warm, open, sincere. Since then much has happened that might have caused her to shield her sweetness or hide the honesty of her expressions - she has a child now, is single again, and has gone back home, no longer feeling comfortable in San Francisco. If her name suggests to you that she is of Japanese extraction, you are correct. But home, in her case, is somewhere else in the United States. I shall not mention where, as I respect her privacy. But it must be a remarkable place to have produced a person so nice.
Ms. 森田 is ten years older than she was then. But she is still young, vibrant, engaging. She is a truly remarkable woman, a person one is very happy to know.

I wondered as I looked at the blonde girl on the bus if she too was from the same place as Ms. 森田. The resemblance was striking - how can two people so different have such similar smiles and such heartwarming eyes?

Actually, the question should be: 'How can THREE people have those exact same qualities in common?'
And surely there must be others!


SPRINGLIKE WARMTH

A few weeks after our break-up, Savage Kitten accidentally ran in to me on the street. The sheer deliciousness of her smile as she saw me fair bowled me over. Despite the difficulty between us now, she was extremely happy that we met.
Her smile was completely guileless. And utterly charming.

It always gladdened me to have that smile awaiting me when I came home. Though her romantic feelings for me are now gone, and she has disinvolved herself emotionally - I am now only a room-mate - we are still glad to see each other again every day.
Her smile has no guile, no calculation.

There are issues, but we have remained friends.


==========================================================================
NOTE: If you wish, you may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THIS POST ISN'T ABOUT WOMEN

There are several artists rolling over in their graves right now. One or two aren't dead yet, but never mind. Rolling. Among them Frank ...