Monday, February 04, 2008

CONTRAST

ITEM I. :
As word of the suicide bombing in Dimona spread Monday, Gaza residents were treated to celebratory wreaths of flowers as well as sweets that were handed to drivers and passers-by. Gaza motorists receiving the treats and sweets also honked their horns in triumph and celebration.

ITEM II. :
Monday's unquestionable hero in Israel was Chief Inspector Kobi Mor, the police officer who shot the second suicide bomber in Dimona and managed to foil a double terror attack. Later that afternoon, Mor told reporters about the drama which took place at the southern town's commercial center, after a woman was killed and about 10 people were injured.

How odd - I never hear of Israelis handing out sweets and flowers after someone is killed, nor of Palestinian police officers foiling terror attacks. I guess I'm just reading the wrong newspapers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Muslims Against Sharia condemn the murderers responsible for the homicide bombing in Dimona as well as degenerate perpetuation of the culture of death in Gaza.

Our prayers are with the victims of this atrocity. We send our condolences to their loved ones.

May the homicide bomber rot in hell for eternity. May his accomplices and animals who celebrated this horrendous act join him soon!

http://muslimsagainstsharia.blogspot.com/2008/02/first-suicide-bombing-in-israel-in-year.html

Unknown said...

Am I dreaming?

The back of the hill said...

Nope.

Candies in Gaza.
Foiling in Israel.
And condemnation, from both the usual sources, and from refreshing new sources.

No dreams there.

Search This Blog

THE ADDENDUM AT TEA

Tea time, as regular readers know, is very important to me. But instead of going to one of my regular places I gave it a miss today. I just ...