Tuesday, February 05, 2008

BLITZPAH

Occasionally this blog receives communications from the other side (by which I mean the frat boys in sales and marketing).

Sometimes these communications are capable of baffling even the most talented linguists, such as the Parsee lady next cubicle over.

One such communication is reproduced below.

From: xxx xxxxx
Sent: xxx, xxx xx, xxxx xx:xx AM
To: xxxxxatxxxxxxdotxxx
Cc: xxxx xxxxxx, xxx xxxxxxxx
Subject: xxxxxxx

From timing I am traveling today and can fax signed both pos tonight. Can you please process-knowing it is coming The futue will compete within 24 hrs

Thanks


------------------------------

Now, I happen to know that the sender (xxx xxxxx) is a native speaker of English, who speaks no other languages.
Same goes for the addressee (xxxxxatxxxxxxdotxxx), although one of the cc recipients (xxxx xxxxxx) is multi-lingually capable.

I do not know what language this represents.
I am contemplating ordering a Ouija board from IT to aide me in figuring out what the writer meant, or identify in which tongue the writer was speaking.

I wonder if he is himself today (I fear that he is).

This e-mail is very high concept.

One of the other recipients of this e-mail believes that the writer is trying to communicate that the world is ending in twenty-four hours and the end-times are upon us. Considering the source that is not unlikely, and given the text, not an unreasonable assumption either.

Please to process-knowing. It.

------------------------------

Note: The title of this post refers to an incident when I was waiting for the fifteen third at the intersection of Army Street. I boasted to another person that my eye-sight was good enough that I could usually read the destination on a bus several blocks away. That person then asked me where the bus far in the distance was going. So I looked. "Oh, that bus is going to Blitzpah".
It wasn't.
But the e-mailer quoted above probably is.

4 comments:

Tzipporah said...

LOL - while the key to Springfield is Elm Street, the key to this secret language is undoubtedtly "pos" - once I uncoded that, the rest was obvious. If still extremely sad for a native English speaker.

Anonymous said...

Sadly I understand most of it except "The futue will compete"

As of yesterday I have a new business contact in the USA who is named Charles but who is apparently known to all as Chuck Frisbie

You Americans are so very strange.

As a lapsed Mormon, all I can say is that as Romney won't probably succeed - I trust that y'all choose rightly....

Graham

Spiros said...

The linguistic abomination adduced above is the byproduct of a degree in marketing. Out of interest, which MUNI line does go to Blitzpah?

The back of the hill said...

One of the third street buses.

Search This Blog

OR MAYBE YOU ARE A HIPSTER

The first smoke of the day is accompanied by stumbling and dog poo. Not for me, as I am chipper and vibrant with hot strong coffee boiling t...