Monday, March 18, 2024

THEY'RE GROOVY AND SENTIENT!

In many ways I am a severely disapproving sort. I dislike tattoos, piercings, patchouli, raggedy tee-shirts, potsmoking, public misbehaviour, inappropriate nakedness, and alcoholism, and displays of religion. Plus mascara. Today I witnessed all of that.
People leave a lot to be desired.

San Francisco is a hotbed of hippies. I had hoped that we had hunted them to extinction.
Sadly, I was mistaken. It's a profoundly diappointing thing to realize.

When I got home I found junkmail from a church inviting me to Easter Services. My attending would be a frightful idea. You can probably imagine many reasons why.
Where did you hide those eggs? Poke poke poke.


Were y'all on drugs when you came up with this cockamammie narrative?
I'm thinking ergot poisoning. Frequent, and recurring.
An egg-laying bunny rabbit.
Y'all nuts.


In other news, late lunch was excellent. A cup of milk tea, and Hong Kong style ma-po tofu. Which is by no means vegetarian, and requires a bottle of Sriracha hot sauce on the table.
After that I hid out on a quiet street with my pipe for a while.

All in all there are too many highly individualistic people in this city. And I am certain they are all unique, creative, and caring intelligent people. Their tee-shirts express their philosophies and exquisite taste in punk music or commercial enterprise. You can tell that they are brilliant by their interesting tattoos, all of which mean something. It's 'deep', man.

Remarkable bird, the Norwegian Blue. Beautiful plumage!

I get exposed to too many humans during working days.
How on earth did we ever get to the moon?
We're hardly clever enough.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Regrettably, the hippies of old are now waving Pally flags and their grandchildren are monsters who demand intifada for the world. Tomorrow (Tuesday, March 19th) I head out towards SF’s C’Town for a haircut at a place on Jackson. I am looking forward to HK milk tea and snacks at New Hollywood afterwards.

Anonymous said...

Damn. That barber on Jackson? $10 for a number 2 buzz cut. In and out in 10 minutes. Found my new barber.

The back of the hill said...

What did you have at the New Hollywood?


Anonymous said...

A cup of hot HK milk tea, and the 3 egg tarts for $3.75. The bill came to $9.25 instead of around $7. I can only assume they charged me for the to-go container for the milk tea. There’s a place in Oakland that serves the milk tea in a to-go container too, even if I am dining inside. Anyway, I was one of four other solo men in there enjoying later afternoon snacks.

Search This Blog

IN TUNE WITH WILD LIFE

That noise outside while I was drifting awake? Turned out to be the streetsweeping vehicle. Not actually an owl. But it had sounded ike an o...