Tuesday, March 19, 2024

I WANT SOME OF THAT!

One cannot spend all day in bed. One must get up and do things! International man of action! Well, strictly a local man of action. Plus one must start the day with coffee and ambulation. "Oh doctor, I'm getting more exercise, I'm walking much more." When I told him that, his face lit up. "With my pipe, because I cannot smoke inside." His face fell. Oh disappointed medical man, my heart bleeds for you.

There were strange dreams just before waking. A train station, industrial fumes, a motorbike near Stratum in Eindhoven where people drank till the wee hours, because students at the Technical University have appetites and, like many Dutch, function best when blotto.

When I came back from my dawn stroll con une belle bruyère, avec feuilles de tabac rouge de Virginie, during which I saw a fellow walking yin and yang dogs (exactly the same build contrasting fur colours), there was a turkey vulture on the edge of my bed smacking his beak; he had heard and smelled my apartment mate fixing herself breakfast and wanted some. He had slept on my side of the apartment because he's been behaving badly and the roomies in her room needed a break. He kicked all night.

Ah, that second cup of coffee in the morning, it smells like victory. Industrial!
Yesterday, John who lives in Georgia wrote: "I just took Hazel outside, a huge Radice in my mouth. As I got into the yard I was hit by a nasty stench. A few more steps and at least 8 buzzards lifted, just outside of my fence. Damn those are huge birds! They found a dead deer to eat. I’m unsure of what happened to the deer but it could have been hit by a car and struggled from the road to the perimeter of my yard. I’m sorry for the deer but thankful for the visit with the buzzards - who are still happily munching away." Which certainly caught someone's attention! The turkey vulture perked up considerably.
He wants to hear more. It all sounds so lovely!
Is there any left? Can he come over?
The idea of food is so nice!


It's a darn good thing we feed him regularly. The local pet population might suffer otherwise. "Come here, nasty little teacup poodle, come closer!" The claw holding the cleaver twitches imperceptibly. "Come to Uncle Sydney little fellow".



No one wants turkey vultures feeding off teacup poodle corpses at the perimeter of their yard. What would the neighbors think?



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE TEENAGE DIET

The dumplings were fine. Lovely. Should have left it at that. And not augmented them with panfried pickled vegetables chilipaste hot oil, a ...