Friday, June 23, 2023

THEIR LURKING PRESENCE

Upon due and mature consideration, I think that I would be horrible at interrogating Eastern European baddies. Of which there must be an awful lot, because all the television shows from the sixties that weren't Westerns or Coming Of Age dramas were filled with them.

Seemingly they had taken over Hollywood.
Slinking around in trenchcoats.
Or comic opera uniforms.

We can probably blame Bela Lugosi and Boris Karloff for that.
In order to counter vampires, we learn from Hong Kong movies to spread glutinous rice grains around on the floor. It burns them, you see.

"But what if they're different vampires?"

Well, okay, if they're Irish, spread sweet potatoes around.

"Yeah no, I'm not gonna carry around an entire produce market."


I'd probably be hell to have around for vampires or Eastern European baddies.
I would keep making fun of their ridiculous accents.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

SPECIFIC TO THE TIME AND PLACE

Late afternoon I had claypot rice (煲仔飯 ' pou jai faan ') for lunch. And, per two ladies at the opposite side of the room, you don...