Wednesday, June 07, 2023

SMOKER'S HAVEN TIN OF TOBACCO

A reader posted in my "letterbox" field the following query: "Good evening, I'd like to know if you currently have and might consider selling a Smoker's Haven tin of tobacco? There are a few I can't find on the second hand market and thought I might inquire? Thank you very much for your time and consideration."

Well, none that I wish to sell. And I really must point out that if you do not provide an e-mail address in that comment field, there is no way I can respond privately, which will necessitate an essay like this one, which presumably means bupkes to any other readers.

Also, you might want to contact Pipestud. He specializes in rare tins.

There is always new stuff on his site.

STEVE FALLON aka PIPESTUD

Steve Fallon is a great guy, a resource for all of us, an honest and ethical person to deal with, and he has a wonderful very Texan sense of humour. He once forced everybody to smoke a bowl of Royal Yacht; the winner of that competition had to go out behind the barn to barf before taking receipt of his prize: a tin of ... Royal Yacht.

His local pipe club no longer allows him to organize the competition. They learned.

He's one of those rare individuals that suggest to me that despite my antipathy towards the rest of the country and very large parts of the south in particular, I might enjoy visiting Texas. I'd have to mostly keep silent while down there, though. Both my accent and the crap that comes out of my mouth would get me in trouble.



Note: The photograph above was modified slightly. Edited the hat a bit, increased the left highlights a fraction, and excised what appeared to be a warty thing on his right cheek.



TOBACCO INDEX


==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

SPECIFIC TO THE TIME AND PLACE

Late afternoon I had claypot rice (煲仔飯 ' pou jai faan ') for lunch. And, per two ladies at the opposite side of the room, you don...