Sunday, June 18, 2023

HEATHENS AND HERETICS

The apartment mate has been rewatching Brideshead Revisited these past few days, on her computer. Behind my own computer opposite her at the table I have been enjoying the lovely accents of the actors, most especially the flamboyantly homosexual Anthony Blanche.
Although Kurt, the German ex-foreign legion soldier, is also quite delightful.

My apartment mate occasionally asks about Catholicism, when something particularly disturbing comes up. Because I'm white, I should know these things. Well, Catholicism is more twisted than many other branches of Christianity -- two thousand years of demented shiznit -- but not unusual among bodies of superstition. Besides, as the half caste between Dutch Calvinists and Anglicans, all I really need to know is that the Roman Catholics tried to exterminate my ancestors, and that Anglicanism and Calvinism are also quite sodden with sadism, greed, perverse hang-ups, savagery and bloodlust.

Religion is of course a great comfort.

Naturally I eschew it.


She does too, because as a person of Cantonese peasant extraction, the Bronx cheer is part of her vocabulary since she was a suckling at the breast. Sneering cynicism was part of mother's milk to her. But the goofiness of believers is, naturally fascinating.
Makes me kind of wonder how the Fa Lun Da Fa folks got roped in. Maybe they're not cynical Canto peasants? Lost the ability to read critically? Soft in the noggin?


Here in the States there are many syncretist and deviant belief systems and cults.
Puritans, Hare Krishnans, Southern Baptists, and Trumpites.
Besides people who foam at the mouth.
Or dance with snakes.


Mostly in the Red States.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

RABBIT RABBIT, ALL YOU BAD SINGERS!

Rabbit rabbit. Happy May First. Now that I've got that out of the way, let's talk about why many marketing types and trailerparkers ...