Monday, July 01, 2019

TEARGAS ON CONSTITUTION AVENUE?

There are times when I am glad I am not in the thick of things, or in our nation's capital. Actually, that's 100% of the time. There will be a festive Republican campaign event that lasts all day on the Fourth of July.
Washington will be filled with people from Florida.
And in all likelihood, teargas.

Yeah, I am glad I'm missing that.

The orgy starts at 11:45 AM with a grand military parade down Constitution Avenue, but there will already have been arrests well before then. Sometime in the evening Trump will speechify from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, surrounded by people with machine guns, and Russians, and Floridians with moist undies.
Which will be spectacular! Glad I'm missing that too.
There will be jets and tanks and armored personnel carriers and amphibious assault vehicles! And secret service men, and dogs, and riot squads! And Jesus! And people from Florida! Oh, it will be an extra vaganza!

I'm glad I'm missing all of that.


I may turn on Fox News briefly, for a bit of sneering at the ministry of propaganda kissing up to the giant orange slime, or I may ignore it, them, and him, entirely.

I am glad I am not in Washington.


Screw Florida.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

IN TUNE WITH WILD LIFE

That noise outside while I was drifting awake? Turned out to be the streetsweeping vehicle. Not actually an owl. But it had sounded ike an o...