Tuesday, July 02, 2019

BAD CAUCASIAN, NO CHOP SUEY!

Somehow both my apartment mate and myself were responsible for Disney's Snow White being gunned down by gangsters. So, her involvement is easy to believe, because she hates Disney and what they have done to all the ideas of womanhood and the self-images of girls in America, but I cannot see how my sneaking around in the rosebushes outside our small comfortable villa (nineteen fifties, luxurious design, nice brickwork) could possibly have anything to do with it. But both her position on the couch while watching television and my dusky prowling were causative events. According to her brother, who was also there.

She has four brothers, only one of whom I've met.
Cannot remember which of them it was.
There is no small villa.
Or rosebushes.

The unfolding chain of events had her yelling, pretend-angry but in jest, that it was enough to make her want to date Irving. One of the gangsters.

There is no Irving either.



In actual fact, we live in a small apartment, there are no couches here, and none of her brothers come over to watch television. Irving is a street, and I have no idea what the hell this has to do with Disney's Snow White.

One of those pretty-pretty ultra femmy types that America admires.



It probably has everything to do with Amlodipine Besylate, one of the medications I am taking. Which makes dreams more intense and real (a known side effect). And many blood-pressure medications lead to skin sensations, which may explain why I was lurking in the non-existent rosebushes outside at dusk.

But why Snow White?


She probably had it coming. A gambling debt, or one of the dwarves took out a contract on her. Neither of us feel particularly bad about her demise.

Bland saccharine twit.





There is every chance that the spicy curried bittermelon with chicken chunks I ate for dinner was in some part responsible -- though Amlodipine Besylate, Losartan Hctz, and Metoprolol also affect the digestion -- as such a dish, while fairly standard for my cooking, may be a bit unbalancing to the medicated interior. But not harmful or problematic, and in all honesty I have no emotional invstement in Snow White.
I was worried about her brother. Who apparently did.

It's a regrettable lapse of taste. Entirely to be expected from almost any Chinese bachelor. She's the ideal woman. The right looks and status, small hands, bland and wussy enough not to offend his mom.
She's a boringly acceptable bit of baggage.




FYI: my apartment mate is Cantonese, and for many years three of her brothers were single, which was frustrating to her mother, who saw her own validation slipping away with each year that they did not produce grandsons.

Along with a danger of of them dating smelly weirdoes.

In that dynamic, I am the giggling outsider.
Anonymous, and entertained by all of it.
An evil and sarcastic white dude.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

OR MAYBE YOU ARE A HIPSTER

The first smoke of the day is accompanied by stumbling and dog poo. Not for me, as I am chipper and vibrant with hot strong coffee boiling t...