Saturday, September 29, 2012

BOTH WEEKLY AND DAILY

This blogger likes to claim that he is a temperate man, but the truth is far otherwise.
When it comes to food, tobacco, sex, and stimulating beverages (i.e. coffee and tea), there is scant restraint that I can muster.
These are the things that make some men passionate.
In that regard, I am positively Latin.
Brightly alive.

I love food.  Many kinds.  A vast spectrum.
Is it good to eat?
Very well then, let me mouth it!
I eat several times a week, often daily.

Tobacco is a private pleasure, though enjoyed semipublicly. 
My apartment-mate is not particularly friendly toward the noble leaf, and has told me in no uncertain terms that if her teddy bear EVER starts reeking of smoke, bad things will happen.  Very bad things.
Consequently I tend to partake outside of the home.

As regards sex, restraint is not the operative word, as it implies choice.
There is no choice,  hasn't been any in years.
Ever since Savage Kitten (the aforementioned apartment mate, still a trusted and well-regarded friend) and THIS BLOGGER ceased to be an item, activities of a deliciously lascivious nature disappeared; they haven't been part of the program in a frightfully long time.  When decent behaviour and sound judgement take the place of "restraint", a veritable aridity of the naughty stuff results. There is no rain in the wasteland.
Abstinence is something with which gentlemen are quite familiar.
It takes two to tango, however at present there is only one.
I think of sex several times a week, often daily.
And it's the thought that counts.
An active mind.
Years.

It seems that the world does not want anyone past a certain age and level of juvenile idiocy to have sexual relations; they've seen what happens when we do. 
My generation produced vast flocks of over-privileged little monsters, many in their late teens and early twenties right now, who lack discernment, manners, morals, and nearly any redeeming qualities at all.  An immodestly depraved lot.
Babyboomers should probably not have had sex from the git-go.
Bad things happened because we did.
Very bad things.

In my own defence I have to state that I am NOT responsible.
None of this was my doing.  I have no children.
Those brats aren't my baggage.

I think the world owes me an apology.


It might take a bit of time before that happens.


While I'm waiting, I'll have a bit more coffee or tea, and light up another pipe. 
Perhaps have a bite to eat first.  Or afterwards.  Or even both before and following the delicious warm beverage and the satisfying smoke.
While endeavoring to keep my mind clean and chaste.
Then I'll repeat the pattern. As often as it's necessary.

I am a patient man.  I have restraint.
And I'm better than the bratpack currently abounding.


Tea and coffee.  Tobacco.  Food.
Several times a week.
Often daily.



I am more thoughtful now than I used to be.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Forced abstinence has been my companion now for many more years than yourself. It's kinda of embarrasing. How long since I last had sex?....hmmmmm can't remember...when did the space shuttle Challenger blow up? Oh well at least I have a 13 year old boy to proove I'm not a virgin.

KR

Search This Blog

A LACK OF PROPELLANT

Rereading my old posts reminds me that I used to be immoderate. And at times over the top. I've calmed down and grown up since then. Now...