Thursday, August 11, 2016

THE EPITOME OF INTELLECTUAL BEAUTY AND HONESTY

An old joke has an educated fellow and a common person arguing about the benefits of schooling, especially when it comes to expressing oneself and coming off as having class. To demonstrate, the educated fellow asks his comrade "here come two bow-legged men; now how would you comment?"

The near-illiterate says "here's dese two bow-legged men".

"That has no eloquence; it's not Shakespeare worthy."

"So? How would you say it?"


"What ho what manner of men are these, that wear their balls in parentheses!?!"


And, with that in mind, let me bring you a song:

IT IS PLANGENT, AND PIQUANT!

'I want a bowlegged woman', by Bull Moose Jackson and his Buffalo Bearcats, 1947.

[SOURCE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JOgtGxJSMM.]

A pipe-smoking friend on Facebook alerted me to this tune. And it speaks to me. As an intellectual concept, it has a certain charm.
And the music is all right too.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

SAN FRANCISCO IS TOO DANGEROUS!

A few years ago, my regular care physician and I had an informative talk about kangkong (ipomoea aquatica), sidetracking from my tobacco use...