Monday, August 01, 2016

WHAT TO EAT WITH SHERRY

My apartment mate is hogging the kitchen cooking up a big batch of something with chicken and mushroom to take over to her boyfriend's place. Which, I guess, means that I will be having a burrito around the corner tonight. With lots of salsa de arbol. You know, I have never understood the American penchant for swilling buckets of beer with every non-Anglo dinner. Indian food? Beer! Pizza? Beer! Hunan? Beer! Jamaican jerk chicken? Beer! Burmese spicy mohinga? Beer! Bratwurst mit shnitzli und blaukraut? Beer! Chip and dip? Beer! Uitsmijter met kaas en ham? Bier!

And anything Mexican? Beer!

Personally, I am not so much into beer.

I think a burrito would be so much better with an amontillado.


Good lord, she's singing in there! I know we have no cooking sherry at present, and she's never done drugs.


Some kind of opera. Italian words.


Sometimes a man needs a burrito.


Carnitas. Salsa de chiles arbol.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

KINDLY SHUT UP

If you were travelling, you rather looked forward to the easy camaraderie and hubbub of the cafe on the platform, where you'd settle dow...