Thursday, June 23, 2016

I WOULD EAT THIS!

Burger King’s new “Mac ‘n’ Cheetos” is a deep-fried macaroni-filled cheese pouf, crusted with Frito Lay’s bright orange Cheeto powder.

Only 310 calories, just $2.49!

Gentlepersons, this is a paneer pakora. And probably great with imli and hari chatni. Plus Sriracha hotsauce, aioli, and spicy remoulade.

If there were a boo-king nearby, this would be a great breakfast.
I might darned well bring my own condiments.
To top my cheese croquettes.


At this very moment I am contemplating heading out early so that I can enjoy a smoke before work. There is a cup of strong coffee in front of me, I've read the news already, and dawn has barely cracked. There is no food on the table, because I am NOT normally a breakfast person.
And because there is no boo-king.

I usually don't eat anything on work days until I get to Marin.
A snackipoo while cleaning surfaces, and a cup of tea.
Then let the madness begin.

The nearest boo-king is miles away.

Phở would also be good.



Any country or culture which does not relish fun food to start the day is fundamentally flawed, possibly beyond redemption. We should all breakfast on deepfried fatty snacks or zesty noodle soups.
Or curry with kulcha and cheese pakora.
Steamed dumplings and tea.
Spicy catfish stew.
Boo-king.


What is wrong with you people?



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goetta is the way to start the day my friend.

Anonymous said...

A local seller of excellent, store-made ice cream was inspired to get into the business after spending time in Italy and finding it not unknown amongst the locals to have espresso affogato for brekky.
Ah, the Italians; they get the incidentals all wrong, the important things they nail.

The laddie lying on the floor wi' bluid comin' out his heid like he'd been murrdered gangland style said...

"Pakora. Belter!"

Search This Blog

THE ROUTE ACROSS THE HILLS

It irritates me to see very large white people in Chinatown. This is probably because I am bigoted against humongous Midwestern heffalumps. ...