Wednesday, August 05, 2015

FEROCIOUS DREAMING

While I slept, I thought I heard a dulcet female voice happily exclaim "my (unintelligible) is awful hungry!" Now, there are any number of ways one can take that. The lascivious mind will fill in any number of words for the unintelligible part, none of them printable, whereas the perfectly rational mature individual, someone like myself, for instance, automatically assumes a cleaner set of possibilities.


Boa constrictor. Pussycat. Golden retriever. Rambunctious hamster.

You know, pettables! Something that can be stroked.

It just needs a crunchy snack.


Only dirty old men assume that unintelligible must mean pXXXXXX, cXXXX, sXXXXX, cXXX, gXXXXXXXX or even hXXXXXX hXXXXX. For some reason I automatically assumed that the person was speaking of an alligator.

Sometimes I wish that I were a dirty old man; pXXXXXX, cXXXX, sXXXXX, cXXX, gXXXXXXXX and even hXXXXXX hXXXXX sound so much better!

Especially on a day off in the middle of the week.
The weather is perfect for that.

The voice was NOT my apartment mate bustling about fixing herself something fried. She sounds different, and when she's making breakfast she sounds cheerful, insane even, rather than plaintive and hopeful.

Nor was it from the apartment next door or across the airwell.

It must have been a figment of my imagination.

How sad.


Last night's misbehaviour may have had something to do with it. Upon returning from Marin, I fixed myself a big cup of coffee. Had another one before leaving to meet the amphibian in Chinatown, then had a small cup while he ate fried food before we went and had beers elsewhere. After consuming beer and whiskey, we walked back over the hill.
Ere retiring for the night, I had more coffee.

During the day I had tea.
Lots of tea.

I was well and duly stimulated all day long. Whacked to the gills. In hot weather, one hydrates. It keeps the kidneys healthy and the mind alert.
Wired to the eyebrows, baby, oh yeah.


Caffeine affects one's dreams.


"My fearsome weasel is awfully hungry!"

I've just finished a cup of coffee, and now I'm going back to bed. I want to find out what that charming young lady with the girlish voice wants me to feed. I hope it's something cute.



Your XXXXX is XXXXXX? I XXX XX XXXXXXXXX about XXXX! Oh XXX! XXXX XXX XXXXX, XXXXX XXX. XXX have XXXXXX XXXX XXXXXXX! XXXX XXXXXX, X XXXX XX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXXXXX XXXX. XXX XXX XXX absolutely XXXXXXXXXX, I am XXXX XXXX XX XXXXXXX XXX. Now, XXX XXXX XXXX, and XXX XX XXXX XX XXXXX XXXXXX XXX, or XXXX XX XXXXX, XX!
Do XXX XXXXXX XXXXXX XXX?


"Your xxxxx xx x xxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxxxx wine. Your xxxxx xx x xxxxx xx xxxxx xxxxxxxxx xx lilies. Your xxxxxxx xxx xxxx xxx xxxxx, xxxx xxxx xxxxx xx x gazelle. Your xxxx xx xxxx xx xxxxx tower. Your xxxx xxx xxx pools xx Xxxxxxx xx xxx xxxx xx Xxxx Xxxxxx. Your xxxx xx xxxx xxx tower xx Xxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxx Xxxxxxxx. "


No, I am quite used to giving furry critters something to gnaw on.
Don't mind at all. It's a pleasure.
Can I pet it?




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really disappointed that you keep leaving 30dayBeer's question unanswered and unacknowledged. I'm really dying to know the answer. I understand that you're a busy man, but could you please at least acknowledge 30dayBeer's question, and give a rough estimate of when you might have an answer?

Anonymous said...

Please?

The back of the hill said...

The question has been answered. See here: sheiloisuteshuvois.

Kvittel, kvittel, kvittel...

Search This Blog

BEFORE THE RAINS

Well, sleep was sheerly awful. Legs. My cardiologist tells me that there is a solution for that. Yet I hesitate, because I'm walking mor...