Wednesday, January 08, 2014

YOUR BACKYARD IS EMPTY, AND POSSIBLY YOUR HAMSTER DIED

Yesterday, sometime after lunch, an anonymous commenter wrote: "This post is quite likely the most degenerate thing that you have ever written."

High praise. I pride myself on literary degeneration.


The post in question dates from two years ago, and was about raccoons. Personally, I did not consider it degenerate at all, as it was no more than a slice of San Francisco backyard life. Very clean and pure.

But please, you be the judge.


TOFU!


There are far fewer raccoons in the north-eastern part of San Francisco than there used to be. It's been a while since I saw one in my neighborhood. The park on the hill beyond Van Ness no longer seems to house a thriving colony, and both Larkin and Hyde Streets are without a coonish presence, even at darkest night.

It's sad.


I think the damned tourists are eating them.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE ROUTE ACROSS THE HILLS

It irritates me to see very large white people in Chinatown. This is probably because I am bigoted against humongous Midwestern heffalumps. ...