Tuesday, January 28, 2014

THEY'RE BETTER THAN FROGS

Chinese New Year is three days away. Which, as usual, means that some people are reading my blog for background on the festivities.
I've noticed that my readership in Malaysia, Singapore, the Philippines, and Hong Kong has gone through the roof. Which is nice, but they are only reading about a limited number of things. Specifically, dried oysters and black moss, sea cucumber, and lucky wishes for the new year.


One other post seems to have caught the imagination of people:
STAY AWAY FROM MIDDLE-AGED MEN, DEAR, THEY'RE WICKED.

No comments yet, but LOTS of visitors.

I only wrote that only one day ago, but my blogstats indicate that it has proven fascinating. And I cannot figure out why. Perhaps it's the sheer honesty? Middle-aged men ARE wicked.


Maybe someone out there would prefer a middle-aged man to any amount of dried oysters and sea slugs.


Personally, I think I would rather have the dry oyster and black moss dish, as well as the braised sea slug. But I am a middle-aged man, and consequently already familiar with the type. For other folks, however, the concept of a middle-aged man, perverse or otherwise (gentle and bright-eyed, like myself), may be intoxicatingly delicious.
Oh the dash, oh the je ne sais quoi!
Such a dreamy old fart!
Mmmm!



Trust me, my dear, middle-aged men are even better in person than they are as a subject of reportage.


But they're still wicked.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:

LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE ROUTE ACROSS THE HILLS

It irritates me to see very large white people in Chinatown. This is probably because I am bigoted against humongous Midwestern heffalumps. ...