Sunday, January 05, 2014

HONKING SOUNDS AT DAWN

My apartment mate is capable of producing astounding sounds. Such as the trumpeting of she-elephants on the veld, as they crush the Zulu villagers running terrified before them. Or something that sounds amazingly like one imagines that.


Due to an unnatural mildness to the weather in San Francisco right now, allergy season has started up again. "Roared" back to life.


I've always been secretely and strangely pleased at the capacity of her nose, small though it is, to emit sheerly terrifying blasts.


Our apartment holds the most assertive beak on earth.


Some people wake themselves up screaming every morning, she does a trumpet voluntary with her nose; disturbing sounds come from her room to welcome the dawn. Again, it's not a large nose. By my standards, it's a bit small, and rather cute. A subtle roundness at the extreme end, and a pleasing regularity along the ridge. Two canted ante-chambers, with curvature. All of a pale and inoffensive hue.
I haven't been near it in years, but I am a very observant man.
I observe the nose without even thinking about it.
Strange female noses fascinate me.
Oh elegant bump!

I would find it hard to imagine the timbre and resonance that this particular nasal appendage was capable of, if I didn't know better.
Savage blasts, roaring tigers, fog horns, fiercely honking big rigs.
Walruses, elephant seals, orcas, and narwhals.

The neighbors haven't said anything.

I think they're hiding.



Conceivable they are threatened by her femininity.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

SAN FRANCISCO IS TOO DANGEROUS!

A few years ago, my regular care physician and I had an informative talk about kangkong (ipomoea aquatica), sidetracking from my tobacco use...