Wednesday, August 01, 2012

BOTHER ME

Are you a raccoon?  It's a valid question - are you a raccoon? That is to say, is the world your oyster, or does it seem like you own it? 
Are you willing to let yourself be seen, and do you explore new things?
Do you have an adventurous and flexible mind?
And small deft hands?

Raccoons are not very shy.  They aren't forward either, but they aren't embarrassed or easily discouraged.  If they think that a particularly zesty garbage dump bears further investigation, they will do what is necessary.  Explore, discover, investigate. And, conceivably, come off the better for it.
They know that life isn't always predictable.
That's what makes it so interesting.
Always something new.

The other day at a place I occasionally visit one of the regulars came in with his older sister from somewhere else. 
Over the next half hour he introduced her to several people.
Actually, he introduced her to almost everybody.

Discretely.

I have excellent peripheral vision.
He knows me. We've talked.

I believe I come across to some people as being a bit aloof.  Like a man who should not be bothered.
Quiet and standoffish. A broomstick you know where.
This is not an accurate impression. 
I am not English.

Street people, little children, and animals find me easy to talk to.

So, if you see me, feel free to pretend that you are a raccoon. 
You'll find me surprisingly easy to approach.
I'm gentle, and I don't bite.

And I am more than willing to share zesty garbage.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

SAN FRANCISCO IS TOO DANGEROUS!

A few years ago, my regular care physician and I had an informative talk about kangkong (ipomoea aquatica), sidetracking from my tobacco use...