Tuesday, November 29, 2011

LOVELY LADIES SERVING LUNCH

Three out of my four favourite lunch counters in the Financial District are staffed by Asian women. From this you might assume that I've got an Asian thing going on. A fetish of some sort.
But you would be wrong. At lunch time, I've got a hunger thing.
Two Koreans and two Vietnamese at the sandwich joint. Korean women at one buffet (succulent lamb chops!), and Cantonese women at the other (dumplings! and darling little cabbages! plus little saucy morsels!).
That's a total of fourteen Asian women.
I know the names of two of them.
Betty, and CoCo.
That's after over a decade of getting food near the office.
Ten years plus: lunch times two thousand.

My fourth fave lunch counter is the Taco Truck, which is staffed by Latinos.
Don't you DARE suggest that I have a thing for fine dashing Mexican gentlemen with deft hands and a vibrant approach to food.
On the other hand, good carnitas make me wet my boxers, oh yes.
Mmmm, zesty and delicious!
Carnitas!

What it basically boils down to is that in the San Francisco Financial District, food is prepared by people who are far too intelligent for their jobs but not quite English-fluent, and largely sold to people who are of rather sub-standard intelligence, that being the average English-as-an-only-language suburbanites.


Haven't tried the curry truck yet - the mob of supergenius Indian engineers in front waiting for their aloo tikki or murgh makhni wraps reaches crisis proportion by eleven in the morning, and does not significantly diminish till just before three o'clock.
Like many white people, the prospect of being surrounded by a whole host of brainiacs talking about logarithms, tolerances, systems theory, Immanuel Kant, and cricket frightens the zirbits out of me.
Especially the latter.

[When I worked at the Indian restaurant I always avoided the subject of cricket. It's a mental block. All sports talk makes me yawn, eventually I start nodding off. My fantasy baseball team is fast asleep.]


Some of the ladies who work at the lunch places are rather charming. Which is a by-product of their environment: Women bearing food - delightful.
Food. Women. Women and food. Women surrounded by food. Hot!
The next logical step would be women covered with food, but that would be perverse.
Evenso, associating two fine things subconsciously makes them equal.
I suspect that if I ever even winked at miss CoCo she'd clobber me and call me a hahmsaplo.
That does have a spicy and totally unique appeal (seeing as I am indeed a hahmsaplo), but I still want to get food there.
So it's probably not such a good idea.
I'm just here for a nice lunch.
It's lovely. Thank you.
Appetizing.


NOTE: Yes, one of them does look very much like my favourite goth manga teenage vampire babe.
A long bouncy bob cut with bangs can be stunning, likewise a scowly pouty all business frown.
But unless she develops some serious canines suitable for neck-chomping, I'll just stick with the fine juicy dumplings.


==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That one was too funny. Really you had me rolling. I can't beleive you don't have about a dozen comments.

Kevin

Search This Blog

PLANS. I HAVE PLANS!

It takes about five hours for the twitchy ache in my lower legs from the amlodipine besylate to diminish sufficiently that I can sleep. I ti...