Sunday, October 02, 2011

BALKAN SOBRANIE IS BACK


The news from several sources is that Balkan Sobranie is back, made according to the same recipe, by Germain and Sons in the Channel Islands, distributed by Arango Cigar Company, who have acquired the copyright.
CupoJoes is already sold out.
As are the other internet merchants.



Given that supplies are likely to be spotty for a while, it may take a few weeks before I lay my hands on this new iteration. When I do, I will be quite keen to find out how it compares to my nose-memory of what I smoked back in the seventies.
Germains produces some exceptionally fine tobaccos, and I have no doubt that whatever they have come up with, whether or not its exactly the same, is indeed quite nice.




TOBACCO INDEX


==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

2 comments:

Phillip Minden said...

My first reaction was whatwhatwhat and an urge not to read on after the first words and rather order some. But even if the online shops wouldn't be sold out, I think I'd rather wait for the first review of somebody who knew the original.

There've been a number of replicas, and while some of them are all right, none was really that similar, as far as I know.

The back of the hill said...

Bought three tins at the local tobacco shop on Friday. Have already smoked several bowls.

First review coming up later today, or no later than Monday October 10th. There will be more reviewing as time passes - the recapturing of mental whisps takes time and exposure. Will also do a comparison between Arango / Germain's Balkan Sobranie and the Orlik version (Balkan Sasieni).

Search This Blog

THE ROUTE ACROSS THE HILLS

It irritates me to see very large white people in Chinatown. This is probably because I am bigoted against humongous Midwestern heffalumps. ...