Monday, July 14, 2008

POTTY? MUCH!

Every year there is a glass and ceramic fair down in Palo Alto in mid-summer. And every year, Savage Kitten drives me down there, because I collect ceramics.


Savage Kitten only collects period costume jewelry, and so of course there is naught at the glass and ceramics fair to hold her attention. Zip. And diddly.
The Toad, on the other hand, made out like a bandit. Came back with a dozen pieces.
[I was still happily gloating after midnight. Caressing rims and glaze-surfaces. Pinging the porcelain for bell-like tones, holding up pieces to admire the symmetry versus textural effect. Proportion, shape, skin.]


It takes an hour to get down to Palo Alto, and an hour to get back. In mad traffic, on a hot day, with several people on the freeway who really should've been on valium instead.

Savage Kitten hates driving, and does not thrill at ceramics, or glass.


Eishes chayil mi yimtsa, v'rachok mipninim michra....
A woman of valour, who can find? Her price is beyond rubies.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet. Kinda pointless and unexciting, but sweet. Your house must be a right mess with all the pottery you've probably bought over the years.... What, ten or twenty?


---Grant Patel

Spiros said...

How many rubles does a woman cost these days?

Tzipporah said...

which raises the question:

Have you had your license suspended, or are you a non-driver?

If the former, what were the naughty circumstances in which you were forced to give it up, and if the latter, how can you claim to be an American of any sort if you rely completely on public transportation or the kindness of strangers (or morning people).

Come come, sir! I am shocked at this revelation!

Anonymous said...

Perhaps his eyshet chayill does not trust the dear man behind the wheel. She must be very wise, if so.


Lev

The back of the hill said...

Tzipporah and Lev, the answer to the question, and the response to the subsequent Levitic specualtion, is here:
http://atthebackofthehill.blogspot.com/2006/08/dovbear-is-head-of-mukhabarat.html

Which I will probably turn into another post later today. More background. And less - thus trying to maintain my mystique, of course. Such as it is.

Lev, you SURE you're not S or M?

Spiros said...

What is this about Lev (who might also be Not Lev) being into S & M?
Juicy.

The back of the hill said...

Ah, I was not suggesting INTO S & M, but either correspondent S OR correspondent M. It has since been established that he is not S. It does not however follow that he is M. There is a good chance, but not a conclusive definiteness.

He might indeed be into S&M. Ver vaist? Not that there's anything wrong with that. Straps and ballgags are not my thing, but hey, to each his degenerate own. I am not judgmental in the slightest, and will not speculate on the need of my readers to be spanked or oiled. By no means. Your perversions, or lack thereof, are your own affair, or multiple affairs, seedy or otherwise. I just want details, written poetically. And at great zestfilled length. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

All I can say about that subject is said here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxH39QlRuhg

It is music to exercise by. Feel the burn, babies.


Lev

Anonymous said...

I am not S. Nor M. I am L.


Lev

Anonymous said...

I would bring this to your attention:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/crossing_continents/7508375.stm


Lev

Search This Blog

A LACK OF PROPELLANT

Rereading my old posts reminds me that I used to be immoderate. And at times over the top. I've calmed down and grown up since then. Now...