Tuesday, February 06, 2007

BARBARA J. MINNICH

The e-mail below is a new twist on the scam first pioneered by the West Africans, which originated in Nigeria but is now also practiced by adroit operators in Sierra Leone, Ghana, Benin, and Liberia, among other places. Read, enjoy.


-----Original Message-----
From: barbara [mailto:bjminnich@myway.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 5:46 AM
Subject: FROM: CPT.Babara J. Minnich.


FROM: CPT.Babara J. Minnich.

Important Message .


Good day,

My name is . CPT.Babara J. Minnich, I am an American soldier, I serve in the Military of the 1st Armored Division in Iraq, as you know we have being attacked by insurgents everyday and car bombs. We where lucky to move funds belonging to Saddam Hussein?s family hopping it was a bomb in the box, later we find out it was a fiscal cash .
The total amount is US$10,000,000 Ten Million United State dollars in cash, mostly 100 dollar bills which is still in our co sturdy at the military base camp, now we find it as a Big Risk on us if the Iraqis People get to find out about this box of money because we are not allowed to have any money in our position for that We are seeking for a trustworthy foreign business partner who can help us in receiving this box of money

so that He/She may invest it for us and keep our share for banking. This is our plan of sharing my partner and I will take 60%, you take the other 40%.


No stress attached, for we have made all necessary arrangement for shipping it out of Iraq, Iraq is a war zone. We planed on using diplomatic courier service for shipping the money out in one large silver box declaring it as family valuables using diplomatic immunity.

If you are interested I will send you the full details, my job is to find a good partner that we can trust to assist us. Can I trust you? When you receive this letter, kindly send me an e-mail signifying your interest including your most confidential telephone/fax numbers for quick communication also your contact details. This business is risk free. The box can be shipped out in 48hrs. Please send your reply to my private mail box: babarajminnich@aol.fr



Respectfully,

CPT.Barbara Joan Minnich

----------------------------------------------------------------

Note: There is something about the writing style that suggests a native language other than English. The termination of the private mail box Ms. Minnich lists suggests a French connection, but that does not necessarily mean that she is based in France - much of West-Africa speaks some form of French. I also wonder about the name 'Barbara Joan'. It sounds so wholesome, doesn't it? So very girl next-door. So very innocent. And so very suspect.

1 comment:

Jack Kessler said...

I think the .fr extension means the servers providing internet access are actually located in France. For a reverse example, French Yahoo is 'fr.yahoo.com' because the servers are located in Sunnyvale, not France. There are of course no end of West Africans living in Paris and other French cities.

Search This Blog

TASTES BETTER WITH SAMBAL ANYWAY

Sadly, the only time we can celebrate Dutch American contributions to American civilization is today. It's 'National Donut Day'....