Friday, June 21, 2019

THE REAL AMERICA

There are large parts of our country that I have no wish to visit. All of the South, the entire Mid-West, and a large part of the East Coast. I know what those place are like, and I have met enough of their people that there is no need to go there. Anyway, if I went, I'd just get into arguments with them.

Sure, not all of them are "that way".

But I'm not very tolerant anymore. And an endless prospect of strip malls, deep fried franchises, and roadside attractions (World's Biggest Ball of Twine, George Washington Slept Here, National Museum of Funeral History, banjos, or anything Elvis) has no appeal whatsoever.

The internet has largely taken away the urge to travel.

Only ONE thing requires on-site experience.


Food.



For everything else: computers, a well-stocked library, and the zoo.



The Oregon Zoo has a lovable red panda. So does a zoo in Fargo, North Dakota, but Oregon is closer. Likewise Cincinnati, but again, Oregon. And I'm sure several other places, but seeing as most of those cities have Elvis, big damned balls of twine, and either funeral museums or beds where famous dead people allegedly slept, no.

Oh yeah, there's also New York.

I'm not that fond of pizza.





==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

SAN FRANCISCO IS TOO DANGEROUS!

A few years ago, my regular care physician and I had an informative talk about kangkong (ipomoea aquatica), sidetracking from my tobacco use...