Monday, May 27, 2019

CLOTHING AND CHOCOLATE

There's a common belief that food cravings are the body's way of telling one that it requires a certain nutrient. By the same logic, craving a satisfying bowl of tobacco must mean that I need nicotine and tar, and craving the company of women must mean that I need a skirt. You can see the flaws there; a skirt in Francisco weather is not recommended, and today that would have been insanity.

I want chocolate right now. Say, what the heck is IS this flavour cookie creme? Matcha? That is hardly what my body will ever require. And it doesn't want it. Where's damned the chocolate?


I do need a skirt.


The well-balanced wardrobe properly includes skirts. A man must have flounce in his life. It nurtures the softer side.


Flounce!


Of course, I wouldn't wear it; see aforementioned San Francisco climate. But I do appreciate how a skirt looks on a woman. Form-fitting yoga pants with every crease and bulge on display, or a sweeping line terminating perhaps in a little frill or neatly done hem, and an elegant silhouette?
The skirt, obviously, wins.

It's a great pity that, at the beginning of summer, the weather this year is still beastly. That biting wind in mid to late afternoon is pure torment, horrible for skirt-wearers and people forced to be outdoors, like the men working on the ongoing Van Ness Avenue diggings.

And, for instance, pipe smokers.


My apartment mate was home today. So I left the house relatively early. Haircut, lunch, old briar filled with Virginia, frozen buns, two cups of hot milk-tea, second pipe, hypothermia, dammit.


I am cold and lonely.




TOBACCO INDEX


==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

A LACK OF PROPELLANT

Rereading my old posts reminds me that I used to be immoderate. And at times over the top. I've calmed down and grown up since then. Now...