Friday, July 03, 2015

THE ETERNITY

Whenever I go to Chinatown for a snackipoo and a beverage, or to buy groceries, I always light up a pipe and eventually wander down to Sue Bierman Park at Clay and Drumm to catch the bus. Partly because I do not like to stand while riding public transit -- sore right leg etcetera, and that location is both the end and the beginning of the line -- but primarily to see if the parrots are there. Yesterday I got there with time to spare, as the second pipe was only half finished.
Full load of tobacco, at least thirty more minutes to go.
So I leaned on the wall at Clay and Davis.

And watched a young lady get stood up.

I am not ashamed to admit that I enjoyed every wonderful moment of it.
She was dressed very neatly, and kept looking at her cellular device.

My pleasure was entirely due to the delightful expressiveness of her face, even from a distance. Every emotion, from hopeful expectation, and wonder at the non-arrival of her beau, through disappointment, failing self-assurance, and doubt at her own worth, to despairing resignation, crossed her countenance, ever more apparent, and radiantly exposed for the keen observer.

She had my complete sympathy. He never came.

And did not bother calling.

Clearly a cad.


I felt like going over and telling her not to worry, she was a nice person, and would find someone better. But I do not like to butt in, and middle-aged men uttering comforting words out of the blue are, in any universe, likely to be labelled weirdos, and make a disturbed impression.
Yes, I sent good thoughts her way.
I doubt it helped.


She finally gave up, and wandered off with a slump to her shoulder, still holding the cup of coffee which she had not touched while waiting.
She looked near tears at that point.
Twenty-five minutes!


She's young, and has an intelligent face. The utter brute who did not arrive had better have a damned good excuse.


Maybe he got hit by a car?




The next time I see her I hope she has flowers.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

SAN FRANCISCO IS TOO DANGEROUS!

A few years ago, my regular care physician and I had an informative talk about kangkong (ipomoea aquatica), sidetracking from my tobacco use...